Astrophotography Group Workshop
Throughout the night, I spend time with each participant giving them personal guidance in capturing impressive nightscape images.
The workshop starts with a brief outline of what you’ll learn during the night and how to setup your camera to capture some amazing photographs of the Milky Way and other Night-time images.
Mount Tibrogargan @ 11mm, 15sec, f2.8, ISO2500The Glasshouse Mountains is close to Brisbane and very good area to photograph the night sky as there isn't that much light pollution which enables participants to capture the wonders of the Milky Way.
Mount Tibrogargan Star Trails
Topics covered during the workshop:
- Why using the correct ISO settings are so important in Night Photography
- Choosing the right White Balance setting for your Nightscape images
- What Aperture and shutter speeds you should use for different types of Night Photography
- What is Light Pollution and how to capture night-time images when it is present
- Handy tips on how to frame your Nightscape image too achieve that “Wow” factor
- How to capture Star Trail images
- Camera Accessories, what they do, and why use them
Mount CoonowrinThe July and August Astrophotography workshops will be held at the base of Mount Tibrogargan, and the September and October Astrophotography workshops will be held at the base of Mount Coonowrin. The Glasshouse Mountians are about an hours drive north of Brisbane.
The Meeting Point is the Puma Glasshouse Service Station, Steve Irwin Way, Glass House Mountains QLD
Mount Coonowrin @ 11mm, 20sec, f2.8, ISO6400
You'll need the following for this workshop:
- DSLR Camera and fully charged battery (second battery if you have one)
- A wide angle lens (18mm is OK, but if you own a wider lens “16mm or 14mm” then bring it)
- Camera tripod
- Remote shutter cable or IR Wireless shutter Remote Control
(remote shutter cord is a necessity if you want to shoot a set of time-lapse images)
- Small torch
- folding chair/camp chair
- Warm clothes
Mount Coonowrin Star Trails
Please Note!There is a limit of 5 persons per workshop and your place cannot be confirmed until payment is received.
I will send an email to all participants with details of where to meet, and how to get to our locations on the Thursday night prior to the workshop date.
Everyone who attends these workshops will also receive:
- A 21 page PDF Booklet which has heaps of information relating to how to capture inspiring images at night.
- A Video Tutorial on how to edit your Milky Way Nightscape images using Adobe Lightroom Classic.
- A Lens warmer strap + 2 FREE Hand Warmers to stop your camera lens from fogging up during the night due to condensation in the cool night air.
Dates / Times for the Glasshouse Mountains Astrophotography Workshops
- Saturday 17th July, THIS WORKSHOP IS FULL
- Saturday 7th August, 7.00pm to 9.00pm
- Saturday 14th August, 7.00pm to 9.00pm
- Saturday 4th September, 7.00pm to 9.00pm
- Saturday 11th September, 7.30pm to 9.30pm
- Saturday 2nd October, 7.30pm to 9.30pm
Duration & Cost:Duration: 2 hours, Cost: $80p.p
**Please read the Group Photography Workshops User Agreement at the bottom of this page before payment.**
Glasshouse Mountains Astrophotography workshop:
Group Photography Workshops User Agreement:
- Payment must be finalized by the Thursday night before the workshop, unless prior arrangements have been made with me.
- A minimum of 2 persons are needed for the workshop to proceed or the workshop will be cancelled/re-scheduled.
- If the workshop is cancelled/re-scheduled, you'll have the choice of a full refund or you may chose to attend the next workshop.
- There will be at least 2 days notice given if the workshop is cancelled/re-scheduled or least 24 hours notice if the workshop is cancelled/re-scheduled due to unfavorable weather forcing the cancelation of the workshop.
- People attending the workshop MUST notify me at least 2 days before the workshop date if they are unable to attend the workshop. ("Unless this is due sickness or an accident.")
Refund Policy for Group Photography Workshops
- Refunds are available if I (Charles Niautou Photography) cancels or re-schedules the workshop.
- Refunds are only available if you notify me at least 2 days before the workshop date.
- No refunds will be given if you cancel within (2 days) of the workshop date. ("Unless this is due sickness or an accident.")