Astrophotography Group Workshop
Throughout the night, Charles spends time with each participant giving them personal guidance in capturing impressive nightscape images.
The workshop starts at twilight with a brief outline of what you’ll learn during the night and how to setup your camera to capture some amazing photographs of the Milky Way and other Night-time images.
Not only will you photograph the Milky Way and Star Trails, but on most nights we often see Air Glow in the night sky, which adds another dimension to the images you captured on the night.
During the workshop you will also learn how to use artificial light to enhance the foreground and add depth to your nighscape images.
Topics covered during the workshop:
- Why using the correct ISO settings are so important in Night Photography
- Choosing the right White Balance setting for your Nightscape images
- What Aperture and shutter speeds you should use for different types of Night Photography
- What is Light Pollution and how to capture night-time images when it is present
- Handy tips on how to frame your Nightscape image too achieve that “Wow” factor
- How to capture Star Trail images
- use artificial light to enhance the foreground and add depth to your nighscape images
- How to set up your camera to capture a panoramic image of the night sky
- Camera Accessories, what they do, and why use them
Charles has exclusive access to this property which has an abandoned farmhouse and a old rusting Ute which we use to capture amazing nightscape images through the night.
We generally arrive at the property late in afternoon, which allows you some time to walk around the old farmhouse and Ute to photograph them until Twilight. This extra time is offered to allow people to familiarise themselves with the layout of the property and where everything is located before nightfall.
You'll need the following for this workshop:
- DSLR Camera and fully charged battery (second battery if you have one)
- A wide angle lens (18mm is OK, but if you own a wider lens “16mm or 14mm” then bring it)
- Camera tripod
- Remote shutter cable or IR Wireless shutter Remote Control
(remote shutter cord is a necessity if you want to shoot a set of time-lapse images)
- Small torch
- Notebook & pen, for note taking
- folding chair/camp chair
- Warm clothes
Please Note!There is a limit of 8 persons per workshop and your place cannot be confirmed until payment is received.
I will send a email to all participants with details of where to meet, and how to get to our locations on the Thursday night prior to the workshop date.
Everyone who attends these workshops will also receive:
- A 21 page PDF Booklet which has heaps of information relating to how to capture inspiring images at night.
- A Video Tutorial on how to edit your Milky Way Nightscape images using Adobe Lightroom CC Classic.
- A Lens warmer strap + 2 FREE Hand Warmers to stop your camera lens from fogging up during the night due to condensation in the cool night air.
Dates/Times for Astrophotography Workshops at Carneys Creek for 2019:
- Saturday 24th August
- Saturday 21st September
Duration & Cost:Duration: 3 hours, Cost: $120p.p
**Please read the Group Photography Workshops User Agreement at the bottom of this page before payment.**
Book a Carneys Creek Astrophotography workshop:
Group Photography Workshops User Agreement:
- Payment must be finalized by the Thursday night before the workshop, unless prior arrangements have been made with me.
- A minimum of 4 persons are needed for the workshop to proceed or the workshop will be cancelled/re-scheduled.
- If the workshop is cancelled/re-scheduled, you'll have the choice of a full refund or you may chose to attend the next workshop.
- There will be at least 2 days notice given if the workshop is cancelled/re-scheduled or least 24 hours notice if the workshop is cancelled/re-scheduled due to unfavorable weather forcing the cancelation of the workshop.
- People attending the workshop MUST notify me at least 2 days before the workshop date if they are unable to attend the workshop. ("Unless this is due sickness or an accident.")
Refund Policy for Group Photography Workshops
- Refunds are available if I (Charles Niautou Photography) cancels or re-schedules the workshop.
- Refunds are only available if you notify me at least 2 days before the workshop date.
- No refunds will be given if you cancel within (2 days) of the workshop date. ("Unless this is due sickness or an accident.")