Astrophotography Group Photography Workshop
There's heaps of time to ask questions, review images taken and discuss the various techniques taught during the workshop while being guided by me on how to use your DSLR's to take rewarding night-time images of the Milky Way and capturing Star trails.
Topics covered during the workshop include:
- ISO and white balance and the effects they have when capturing images of Stars
- Aperture and shutter speeds required for Star Photography.
- Understanding and controlling exposure at night.
- What Light Pollution is & how to capture Star images when it is present.
- Tips on Composition for Astro Photography.
- How to capture Star Trail images.
- Camera Accessories, what they do, and why use them.
You'll need the following for this workshop:
- DSLR Camera and fully charged battery (second battery if you have one)
- A wide angle lens (18mm is OK, but if you own a wider lens “16mm or 14mm” then bring it)
- Camera tripod
- Remote shutter cable or IR Wireless shutter Remote Control (remote shutter cord is a necessity if you want to shoot a set of time-lapse images)
- Small torch
- Notebook & pen, for note taking
- folding chair (camp chair)
- Warm clothes
Location:The workshop is held on farmland which borders Lake Somerset near Villeneuve in the Brisbane Valley that I have been given exclusive access too.
Lake Somerset is about 95 kilometers from the Brisbane CDB, and about 1 hour & 20 minutes drive from the Brisbane CBD which enables us to capture Star/Star Trail images little light pollution.
Itinerary for the night
- You'll start the night by learning how to setup your DLSR camera to photograph the Milky Way.
- Then you'll learn how create impressive images with Light Painting with the Milky Way above.
- You'll then learn to locate the Southern Celestial pole in the night sky which you'll use has your focal point to capture some star trails image around a large dead tree.
- If time permits, we will photograph the Milky Way from another location closer to Villeneuve
- The night will finish with a Q & A time at this location.
Images taken during some of the astrophotography workshops at Lake Somerset in 2016.
Workshop times for 2017:
Workshop Dates for 2017:
Duration & Cost:Duration: 3 hours, Cost: $75p.p or $135 two persons/couple
Payment must be finalized by lunchtime the day before the workshop, unless prior arrangements have been made with me.