Astrophotography Group Photography Workshop
There's heaps of time to ask questions, review images taken and discussing the various techniques taught during the workshops while being guided by me on how to use your DSLR's to take rewarding Milky Way and Star trails images.
Most of my Astrophotography workshops this year will held on a property at Carneys Creek in the Scenic Rim area. I may offer a few Astrophotography workshops on the Sunshine Coast or at Lake Somerset during the year, but there are no guaranties that these workshops will occur.
Astrophotography workshops held at Carneys Creek in the Scenic Rim area:These Astrophotography workshops are held on a property which I have exclusive access to, which includes an abounded farmhouse and an old rusting Ute that are highly sort after for capturing Milky Way photos off. The workshops will also include a twilight photography shoot (no extra cost), when you'll be able to photograph the old farmhouse and the Ute before nightfall. The twilight photography shoot isn't included in the cost of the workshop and no tutoring is given during this time, as I only offer it so that people can get familiar to the layout of the property and where everything is located before nightfall.
Carneys Creek is about a 90 minutes drive South West of the Brisbane CDB, which enables us to capture Milky Way and Star Trail images with little to no light pollution depending on the time of the year the workshop is held.
Topics covered during the workshop include:
- ISO and white balance and the effects they have when capturing images of Stars
- Aperture and shutter speeds required for Star Photography.
- Understanding and controlling exposure at night.
- What Light Pollution is & how to capture Star images when it is present.
- Tips on Composition for Astro Photography.
- How to capture Star Trail images.
- Camera Accessories, what they do, and why use them.
You'll need the following for this workshop:
- DSLR Camera and fully charged battery (second battery if you have one)
- A wide angle lens (18mm is OK, but if you own a wider lens “16mm or 14mm” then bring it)
- Camera tripod
- Remote shutter cable or IR Wireless shutter Remote Control (remote shutter cord is a necessity if you want to shoot a set of time-lapse images)
- Small torch
- Notebook & pen, for note taking
- folding chair/camp chair
- Warm clothes
Itinerary for the night
- You'll start the night by learning how to setup your DLSR camera to photograph the Milky Way.
- Then you'll learn how create impressive images using a LED torch to Light Paint an object (Tree, farmhouse or Ute) with the Milky Way above it.
- You'll then learn to locate the Southern Celestial pole in the night sky which you'll use has your focal point to capture some star trails image around a large dead tree.
- The night will finish with a Questions & Answers time.
Please Note!There is a 7 person limit for these workshop and your place cannot be confirmed until payment is received. I will send a email to all participants with details of where to meet, and how to get to our locations on the Thursday night prior to the workshop date.
Everyone who attends these workshops will also receive:
- A 21 page PDF Booklet which has heaps of information relating to how to capture inspiring images at night.
- A Video Tutorial on how to edit your Milky Way Nightscape images using Adobe Lightroom.
- A Lens warmer strap + 2 FREE Hand Warmers to help stop your camera lens from fogging up during the night due to condensation in the cool night air.
Images taken during some of the group astrophotography workshops at Carneys Creek in 2017.
Dates/Times for Astrophotography Workshops at Carneys Creek for 2018:
- Saturday 8th September, 7pm to 10.30pm
- Saturday 15th September, 7pm to 10.30pm
Duration & Cost:Duration: 3.5 hours, Cost: $100p.p or $180 two persons/couple
**Please read the Group Photography Workshops User Agreement at the bottom of this page before payment.**
Book a Carneys Creek Astrophotography workshop:
Group Photography Workshops User Agreement:
- Payment must be finalized by the Thursday night before the workshop, unless prior arrangements have been made with me.
- A minimum of 4 persons are needed for the workshop to proceed or the workshop will be cancelled/re-scheduled.
- If the workshop is cancelled/re-scheduled, you'll have the choice of a full refund or you may chose to attend the next workshop.
- There will be at least 2 days notice given if the workshop is cancelled/re-scheduled or least 24 hours notice if the workshop is cancelled/re-scheduled due to unfavorable weather forcing the cancelation of the workshop.
- People attending the workshop MUST notify me at least 3 days before the workshop date if they are unable to attend the workshop. ("Unless this is due sickness or an accident.")
Refund Policy for Group Photography Workshops
- Refunds are available if I (Charles Niautou Photography) cancels or re-schedules the workshop.
- Refunds are only available if you notify me at least 3 days before the workshop date.
- No refunds will be given if you cancel within (2 days) of the workshop date. ("Unless this is due sickness or an accident.")